It is increasingly necessary to embed electrical components that require optimized cable connections in industries such as industrial equipment, high-tech, and consumer goods. Electrical designers need to integrate their modules and cables early in the process to avoid costly physical prototypes.
CATIA – Electrical 3D Design & Documentation provides a dedicated electro-mechanical end-to-end solution for designing and documenting electrical modules in all industries that design electric, electronic and electro-mechanic components. It reduces time and cost for creating electrical modules directly in the Digital Mock-Up, avoids interferences and create up-to-date manufacturing documentation.
It addresses also suppliers who design independent electrical modules that interface with a global electrical digital mockup, especially when OEM’s are equipped with CATIA V5. (End-to-end auto or aerospace large wire harness design is addressed with CATIA – Electrical Wire Harness Design and CATIA – Electrical Wire Harness Flattening)
• Integrated process coverage to reduce cycle time from design to manufacturing
• Automatic wire length calculation and definition
• Quick electrical space reservation within the product, avoiding physical prototypes
• Reduce errors by validating the wire harness & cable assemblies installation within the virtual product
• Design of Connectors, supports catalog creation
• Easy 3D design and placement of electrical components in the digital mock-up
• Automatic harness flattening and 2D documentation generation for manufacturing
• Automatic propagation of modification from design to documentation
• XML-based integration between existing schematic systems and CATIA 3D electrical design
This option contains:
CATIA – Electrical 3D Design and Documentation