In order to maximize NC machine use and to program right the first time, it is essential to take machine tool capabilities into account during the entire machining process. NC programmers need a productive environment to design NC resources with all its attributes.
The CATIA – Machine Tool Builder option offers a unique environment for machine tool definition (with geometry, kinematics and technological information) as well as peripheral resources (tool and pallet changers). The definition of the NC resources can be used in the entire machining process, including NC planning and detailing, simulation and verification, post processing, and controller emulation, thus avoiding redundant machine tool data.
• Single environment to completely define the NC machines
• Easy validation of the defined NC machine tool, its kinematics, travel limits and home positions in the definition phase
• Completely define the NC machines including geometry, kinematics (forward & inverse) and attributes
• Ability to assign post processor and controller emulator information as required by post processing and simulation
• Validate the defined kinematics, travel limits, tool change positions and home positions using the “Jog” functionality
• Reuse D5 Virtual NC machine geometry and kinematics
This option contains:
CATIA – NC Machine tool builder 2
CATIA – NC Manufacturing Review 2